From AMember Pro Manual
Installation is quite easy. If you are experienced in installing PHP scripts, the Quick Guide will have you up and running in minutes. Otherwise please follow these detailed step-by-step instructions.
- Unzip the distribution of the script. To do this you will need an unzipping utility with support for long filenames. WinZip is suitable, or just try to double-click on the ZIP archive - Windows XP has built-in unpacker.
- You now need to FTP the script files to your server, using an FTP client such as WS_FTP. It is important that aMember files are copied to the correct place in your directory structure. The aMember folder should be copied to your public HTML directory - this is the directory where your home page is located, often called 'html_docs', 'public_html' or something similar. FTP the entire aMember folder to this directory making sure that you transfer the files in BINARY mode. There is no need to set up the folders on the server side, you can copy the whole directory over in a single step.
- Browse to http://www.yoursite.int/amember/setup.php
- Follow Web Based Setup script instructions;
- If the setup script requires, the following folders must be made writeable for the script:
- This usually means CHMOD to permissions 707, 770 or 777. Which one will depend on your server configuration. Try 707, if you get an error in the installation procedure you can change it to 777. If you are unsure about how to CHMOD your files, please see here. Please do chmod only if the setup script requires.
- Once you get "Setup Finished" screen, go to Initial Setup